Ken Roberts and Sharon Marsh Roberts
- Tony -- We first met in school with the goal of mountain climbing
together. Tony got us started taking road bicycle tours seriously, and
joined us from the beginning of our explorations in Dutchess and Ulster
counties. We introduced him to backcountry skiing, and for years we've
done climbing and skiing trips together all over North America.
There are few routes on this site which Tony hasn't ridden with us at least
- Greg -- who introduced us to many interesting roads in northern Dutchess
and southern Columbia county. He has joined us lately for some
far-flung explorations, even up to Rensselaer county.
- Julie -- whose encouragement brightened several of our bicycling days, and
who organized the wonderful Rhinebeck-Woodstock rides. Alas she
recently left the Hudson valley for Vermont.
- Mid-Hudson Bicycle Club -- the
best promoters of road bicycling in the mid-Hudson valley, and who
introduced us -- and keep introducing us -- to many fun partners and rides.
Special appreciation for the route-makers and organizers of the one MHBC Red Hook /
Columbia County century. It was a fine introduction to the club, and
to some wonderful roads that inspired us to years of exploration of Columbia
county, and then other counties north of Dutchess and Ulster.
- Stan and Jenny -- encouraged Ken in his earliest road bike explorations in
the Hudson valley, and then took us out for one of our first mountain bike
tours. They've often provided a fine weekend base for us in the middle
of the region, and continue to exemplify the spirit of exploring new terrain
and sharing it with new partners.
- Brian -- introduced us to serious mountain bike exploration, and taught us
lots about bicycle riding and equipment -- which gave us the confidence to
start trying out our own tours on the roads, though that took us away from
his love of rail trails.
back to Top