How to contact us
Send us Email at
Things you might want to report
- Your experience of riding a route on this website: Things
you found along the way, problems with road conditions, new
variations you tried, suggestions for future riders -- or a link to
- The status of a road or bridge in the Hudson Valley.
- Other helpful stuff: An interesting sequence of roads you
tried. Closure of a bridge or road. A new source of
What we do with your report
- Sometimes we put part or all of your report out publicly on the
Bike Hudson Valley website or on a public or private discussion or
"bulletin board" or newsgroup on the Internet.
When you send us this report, we normally assume that you are
giving us permission to put your words out publicly.
So if you intend part or all of your report not to be made public
-- be sure to tell us very clearly.
- Sometimes we do minor editing of a report or omit parts of it when
using it publicly. Often we are glad to learn from it ourselves,
but we do not have time to make it public.
If you want to be sure your report is made available to the wider
bicycle-riding community, or you want to be sure that all your own words are
communicated, then we suggest that you post it to one of these discussion
- - bikeMH for the Bear Mountain
Bridge and up thru the Mid-Hudson area and north to Albany.
- - NYC.bicycles for New
York City and north to the Bear Mt Bridge and Storm King Mt Highway.
- We are grateful for your report -- and we like to know who to be
grateful to -- so we appreciate you including your name.
- But you might not want your full name to be made public --
even if you are glad to see your report made public. So please
tell us what identifier you would like us to use with the
public text of your report. You deserve credit for your full
name, but we normally only show the first name on the website --
unless you ask for your full name (and perhaps other info about
you). Or you can request us to use some "handle"
that's not your name at all.
- We like to have an E-mail address -- so that we can ask a question
about your report -- or just say Thanks.