Compare with "New Skate" of Vordenberg
Pete Vordenberg wrote some articles in The Master Skier magazine in
2000-2001 about techniques called the "New Skate".
Similarities with Endestad + Teaford:
- No movement above the waist except what is needed for poling.
- "Slouch" posture, with a curved back, not a sharp bend at the
- When you're gliding passively, you're slowing down. Usually
should try to have
as little time as possible with no pushing.
- Higher turnover frequency for slow speeds.
- Endestad + Teaford emphasize knee bend and getting low.
Vordenberg emphasizes ankle bend and getting hips forward and up.